Verizon has recently rolled out a couple of new updates to the Galaxy Note 20 Series, S20 Series, and other devices. Presently, the Galaxy Note8 has begun getting the January 2021 Security Patch update. The update bears the build number PPR1.180610.011.N950USQU8DUA3, and already many of them have started getting it.
As per the release note, apart from the new security patch, the company has not added any new features to the device. The security updates usually include bug fixes, enhancements, improvements, etc. However, you will be undergoing all the changes while using your device if added.
- Device – Galaxy Note8
- Carrier – Verizon
- Firmware version – PPR1.180610.011.N950USQU8DUA3
- Security patch level –
The update is turning out in a staggered way, meaning a set of random users will start receiving the update now. After the effective check, everybody will be getting it within a week. If you are a Galaxy Note8 user, then a notification will appear automatically if the update hits your device. Else, you can go to Settings>Software updates to check the update manually.
Samsung Galaxy Note8 Specifiations
- 6.3-inch Super AMOLED display with 1440 x 2960 pixels resolution
- Exynos 8895 (10 nm) – EMEA/ Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 (10 nm) – USA & China
- 6GB RAM with 64/128/256GB internal storage
- 12-MP + 12-MP dual rear camera
- 8-MP + 2-MP dual selfie camera
- Android 7.1.1 (Nougat)
- 3,300 mAh battery