Are you bored using the default ROM with limitations?, or do you want to experience a new ROM on the same device? If yes, then you are in the right place. So, to remove the limitations and install any custom ROM, we need to Unlock the Bootloader and Root the Samsung Galaxy Z Flip. Below is the complete guide to the process safely without encountering any issues.
At the beginning of 2020, Samsung has officially unveiled the Galaxy Z Flip smartphone with a 6.7-inch display and Qualcomm SM8150 Snapdragon 855+ (7 nm) Chipset. In terms of camera, the device packs a 12-MP + 12-MP dual rear camera and a 10-MP single front-facing camera. The device comes with 8GB of RAM and 256GB of internal storage.
The device runs Android 10 out of the box and houses a 3,300 mAh battery, including Fast charging support up to 15W. Talking about the connectivity options, it comes with the Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Bluetooth v5.0, GPS, NFC, etc. Furthermore, there’s also a side-mounted fingerprint scanner.
What is Root?
In simple words, Rooting is a process to take control or access your mobile completely. Rooting is also done to change the ROM’s and remove all the unnecessary default apps & much more.
Advantages of Root
- Greater battery life and speed
- Full device backups
- Access to root files
- Custom ROMs Installation
- Removing pre-installed applications
Disadvantages of Root
- Your device may be bricked.
- The warranty will be void.
- No more updates
- Tweaking risks
- Make sure to maintain atleast 80% of charging.
- Back up your entire data to avoid loss.
- Follow all the below steps carefully without ignoring them.
- Odin v3.13.1 (latest version) – Download.
- Download Samsung USB Drivers.
- Download the device Firmware from SamMobile or using the SamFirm tool (latest version).
- Magisk Manager APK – Download.
- Enable OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging.
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2010 Redistributable Package: (x86) | (x64)
- Microsoft Visual C++ 2008 Redistributable Package: (x86) | (x64)
Note: We are not responsible for any kind of damages that may occur while following this guide. So, do all the processes at your own risk only.
How to Unlock Galaxy Z Flip Bootloader
Before rooting, unlocking the Bootloader of Galaxy Z Flip is compulsorily needed. So, follow the steps below to Unlock the Bootloader of your Galaxy Z Flip carefully.
- Head to Settings>About on your mobile and tap on Build number continuously for 4-5 times until the developer options get enabled.
- Go back to the main screen of Settings and head to developer options.
- Enable both OEM Unlocking and USB Debugging.
- Now, download the USB drivers and connect your mobile to PC/Laptop via USB cable.
- Power off your device and hold the Power and Volume Down buttons continuously.
- You will now enter into the download mode.
- Last but not least, give a long press on the Volume Up button to unlock the bootloader.
We hope you have successfully unlocked the bootloader of the Galaxy Z Flip smartphone without any issues. Now, follow below to root the device.
How to Root Galaxy Z Flip
After successfully unlocking the bootloader, you can follow the below steps and root your Galaxy Z Flip.
- At first, download the Firmware from Pre-requisites and extract it.
- Copy the file named ‘AP’ to the internal storage of your device.
- Install the Magisk Manager APK and open the application.
- Tap on install>install>Select and patch a file.
- Now, select the ‘AP’ file which you have previously copied to the internal storage.
- Wait for some time until the firmware file gets patched.
- After patching, the file will be saved automatically in Internal Storage /Downloads/magisk_patched.tar
- Now, copy the file to your PC.
- Turn off your device and enter the download mode by holding the Power and Volume Down keys togetherly.
- Now, run the Odin software on your PC as an administrator & connect your device to the PC via USB cable.
- Click on ‘AP’ and select the copied magisk_patched.tar file.
- After that, go to options and deselect Re-Partition.
- Click on the start button and wait for some time until the process gets done successfully.
- Your device will be rebooted automatically, and it takes time to open as it is the first boot.
We hope you have successfully rooted your Samsung Galaxy Z Flip without any issues. If you encounter any problems while doing any of the above processes, please do let us know via the comment section below.
Related: Download Latest SuperSU Zip to Root your Phone | APK and Zip File.