The Samsung Galaxy S10 Series was launched back in 2019 with Android 9.0 (Pie) on the top. However, the device has updated to the Android 11 version at the beginning of 2021. The device is still receiving security patch updates regularly every month. So, we thought of creating a tracker of it so that users can check the timeline of the updates.
Note: Please keep in mind that this is an update tracker and will be updated frequently with the updates of the Galaxy S10 Series updates.
Samsung Galaxy S10 Series Update Tracker
- [July 11, 2021]: Following the Galaxy S10 Lineup, the Galaxy S10 Lite has begun receiving the July 2021 Security Patch update. The firmware version G770FXXS4EUF6 can identify the new update which is currently live in Spain. For changelog and more details, you can check our dedicated article.
- [June 30, 2021]: Samsung has initially started sending the July 2021 Security Patch update to the Galaxy S10 Series. The new update is spinning on the firmware numbers G970FXXSBFUF3, G973FXXSBFUF3, and G975FXXSBFUF3 for the Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10, and the Galaxy S10 Plus. We have covered more details about this update in our dedicated article.
- [June 11, 2021]: The Galaxy S10 Lite has begun receiving the June 2021 Security Patch update on the firmware version G770FXXU4EUF1. The firmware includes nothing apart from the regular security patch. You can find out more details about this update in our article.
- [June 03, 2021]: The Galaxy S10e users from India have started picking the May 2021 Security Patch update on the firmware number G970FXXUAFUE3. The latest update adds performance improvements for the camera, enhances & improves Quick Share function, and adds a new security patch.
- [June 03, 2021]: Verizon and Samsung have started sending the May 2021 Security Patch update to the Galaxy S10 Series. The lineup includes Galaxy S10, Galaxy S10 5G, Galaxy S10+, and Galaxy S10e. The new firmware is taking place on the build numbers RP1A.200720.012.G973USQU5GUE2, RP1A.200720.012.G977UVRU6FUE2, RP1A.200720.012.G975USQU5GUE2, and RP1A.200720.012.G970USQU5GUE2. All the updates share the same changelog, which includes new security patch, enhancements, and performance improvements.
- [June 01, 2021]: The Galaxy S10 users in India have begun accepting the May 2021 Security Patch update on the build number G973FXXUAFUE3. The firmware weighs about 330.21MB in size, and it’s already live on many units. As per the changelog, the update brings performance improvements for the camera, enhances & improves Quick Share function, and improves the security patch level.
- [May 30, 2021]: Samsung is expanding the May 2021 Security patch update for the Galaxy S10 Lite in more countries. The update is rolling on the firmware G770FXXS4EUE3 for many countries across the world. The list includes Czechia, United Kingdom, Portugal, Kazakhstan, Ukraine, Italy, Greece, Germany, Georgia, Uzbekistan, Vietnam, Thailand, Malaysia, Russia, Serbia, Switzerland, Hungary, France, Romania, Luxembourg, Austria, Paraguay, Panama, Peru, Mexico, Guatemala, Ecuador, Colombia, Chile, Bolivia, Poland, Slovenia, Bulgaria, Spain. In contrast, the same update is rolling out on the build number G770FXXS4EUE4 for Brazil and Slovakia.
- [May 27, 2021]: The Korean giant has started sending the May 2021 Security Patch update to the Galaxy S10 Lite Indian users. The new update can be spotted on the firmware version G975FXXUAFUE3, and it weighs 330.64MB in size. The update improves the camera’s performance, enhances quick share, improves the file sharing between Galaxy devices using Quik Share, and adds the May 2021 Security Patch update.
- [May 17, 2021]: Samsung started spinning out the May 2021 Security patch update for the Galaxy S10e, Galaxy S10, and Galaxy S10 Plus. The update is rolling on different firmware versions for the respective devices. It includes a couple of improvements, enhancements, and the latest security patch. You can check our article to explore more details about this update.
- [April 22, 2021]: The April 2021 Security Patch update has started hitting the Verizon Galaxy S10 5G smartphone. The firmware version RP1A.200720.012.G977UVRU6FUCD can identify the update. More details of this update can be found in our dedicated article.
- [March 18, 2021]: The AT&T-based Galaxy S10 Series have started picking a new update with the One UI 3.1 Skin. The update adds the new UI, brings several new features & changes, etc. Besides these, it also includes the March 2021 Security Patch. You can check our article to find more details of this update.
- [March 5, 2021]: Samsung has begun rolling out the Android 11-based One Ui 3.1 update to the Galaxy S10 Lite users. The update is taking place on the firmware version G770FXXU4EUBA. The changelog includes new features of Android 11 and One UI 3.1 Skin, and it may also incorporate bug fixes and improvements. Check our dedicated article to explore full details about this update.
- [February 23, 2021]: On this day, the Verizon-based Galaxy S10 Series has begun acquiring the February 2021 Security Patch update. As per the changelog, there’s nothing new in this update apart from the monthly security patch level improvement. You can check our dedicated article to find out more details about this update.
Note: As always, the OTA updates will follow the batched rollout. So, users are suggested to wait for a few days to experience the update.
How to Update?
Follow the below steps to check for the update on your smartphone and install it.
- At first, unlock your smartphone and head to the Settings menu.
- Now, steer to About>Software updates and check for the updates.
- This process usually takes a few minutes to get complete.
- If the update is shown up, download and install it.