Are you bored using the default ROM on your Galaxy J7 and looking ahead to install the custom ROM? If so, then you are at the right place. To install the custom ROM, at first, you will need to root and install the recovery on your Galaxy J7. In order to do that, make sure to follow all the below processes.
Related: How to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy S7.
Before going ahead, let’s talk about a few essential and mandatory things needed for this action.
- Backup your device to prevent data loss
- Make sure to maintain at least 80% of charging to avoid interruptions.
- Laptop and a working USB cable
- Enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking from developer options
- Download the latest version of Odin
- Download the latest Samsung USB Drivers
How to Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy J7
- At first, make sure to download the latest version of the Odin tool from the website as mentioned above. Also, make sure to enable USB debugging and OEM unlocking from developer options. To turn on that, head to settings>Developer options and enable them.
- Turn off your device and wait for some time.
- Press and hold the volume down and power button continuously for 10 seconds or until the Samsung logo appears.
- Enter into download mode using the key buttons.
- A warning message will appear saying, “A custom OS can cause critical problems…”. Chose to continue, and you will be entered into the download mode.
- On your PC, extract the Odin downloaded file and connect your Galaxy J7 to your laptop/PC with the charger cable.
- After connecting, open the Odin.exe file, which looks exactly like this.
- If you have connected your smartphone to a PC and device, the show COM port will be highlighted automatically.
- Now, give a click on the ‘PDA tab’ and select the CF-Auto-Root file.
- After selecting the file, if everything is up to the mark, the start button will be highlighted automatically.
The process will begin, and you are required to be patient for a few minutes. However, you will be notified, and the test result will be displayed as Pass!
How to Root Galaxy J7 NXT via SuperSU
- Download SuperSU latest version APK.
- Copy the file and paste it on your device’s internal storage.
- Boot into the recovery menu by holding the Volume up and power key for a few seconds.
- After entering into the recovery menu, navigate to the location where you have copied the SuperSU APK.
- Now, tap on the APK file and swipe to confirm the installation process.
- After installing, reboot your device.
We hope you have successfully rooted your Galaxy J7 by following all the steps as mentioned above. If any problem arises, you can let us know via the comment section below. After the fruitful completion of the above processes, you will need to check the root status.
How to check the root status
- Firstly, unlock your device and open the Google Play Store.
- Search for root checker and install the application.
- Now, open it and tap on check the root status option.
- This process usually takes a couple of minutes to get completed.
If the result shows ‘your device’s root access has been granted,’ then your device will be rooted successfully. Otherwise, you will need to check all the software and application updates to continue it.
Samsung Galaxy J7 Specifications
In 2015, Samsung unveiled the Galaxy J7 with a 5.5-inch Super AMOLED display and Qualcomm Snapdragon 615 (28 nm)/ Exynos 7580 Octa (28 nm) Chipset. It comes with 1.5GB of RAM and 16GB of internal storage. There’s a 13-MP rear camera and a 5-MP front-facing camera. Galaxy J7 runs Android 5.1 (Lollipop) out of the box and packs a 3,000 mAh battery.
1 thought on “How to Root and Install TWRP Recovery on Samsung Galaxy J7”