Are you looking forward to reset your Samsung Galaxy S8 smartphone? If yes, then you are in the right place. Below are the guides to Facoroty reset and hard reset the Galaxy S8 carefully. Before going ahead, make sure to Backup all the data as performing a reset erases everything.
Related: How to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy A31.
How to Factory Reset Galaxy S8
In simple words, Factory reset is a way of reset performed from the Settings menu of your smartphone. So, make sure to follow all the below steps carefully
- Unlock your smartphone and head to Settings.
- Scroll down and find out Backup and reset option.
- Now, in Backup and reset – select Factory data reset.
- Choose reset, and a message will be displayed on the screen asking for the confirmation.
- Tap on yes to continue.
- Now, choose to delete all, and the process will start shortly.
We hope you have successfully reset your Galaxy S8 smartphone without facing any problems. If you are not feeling satisfied with the Factory reset, follow below to perform a hard reset.
How to Hard Reset Galaxy S8
Hard reset means the process of erasing everything on the smartphone from the boot menu. In most cases, the hard reset’s are usually done to fix any significant bugs and improve performance.
- Make sure to charge your mobile up to 60%.
- Now, press and hold the power key for a few seconds and tap on power off.
- Wait for 10 seconds and press and hold both the Volume Down, Bixby, and Power keys continuously until you see the Samsung logo.
- You will be entered into the recovery menu. Use the volume and power keys to select the options.
- Now, select Wipe data/factory reset and select yes to confirm.
- The process will be started and wait for a few seconds until it gets completed.
- After completion, reboot the device.
We hope you have successfully hard reset your Galaxy S8 smartphone safely. In case if you have encountered any issues while performing a hard reset or factory reset, do let us know via the comment section below so that we can help you to get out of the respective issue.
Samsung Galaxy S8 Specifications
The Galaxy S8 was launched long back in 2019 with a 5.8-inch Super AMOLED display (1440 x 2960 pixels) and a Qualcomm Snapdragon 835 (10 nm) – USA & China and Octa-core (4×2.3 GHz Mongoose M2 & 4×1.7 GHz Cortex-A53) – EMEA Chipsets. In-camera, it equips a 12-MP rear caera and a 8-MP + 2-MP dual slfie camera. The device comes with 4GB RAM and 64GB internal storage. It runs Android 7.0 (Nougat) out of the box and packs a 3,000 mAh battery.