Are you facing problems with your Galaxy S7 and looking forward to perform a hard reset and start using it as a fresh one? If so, then you are in the right place. Below is the complete guide to Hard Reset Galaxy S7 smartphones.
Related: How to Hard and Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy A20.
Note: SamNext is not responsible for any kind of data loss and damages. So, do everything at your risks.
How to Factory Reset Samsung Galaxy S7
First and foremost, let’s discuss the way to reset your Galaxy S7 from the Settings menu. Make sure to follow all the steps without ignoring any.
- First, open the settings menu on your device.
- Navigate to the Backup and reset option on your Galaxy S7.
- Now, select the “Factory data reset “option.
- A warning message will appear on the screen saying ‘data will be erased. Accept it to perform a factory reset.
The process will start, and you may need to wait for a couple of minutes until the action gets done. Also, don’t get tensed as the first boot takes some time to open after doing a reset.
How to Hard Reset Samsung Galaxy S7
Below is the process by which you can Hard Reset your Galaxy S7 smartphone from the Boot menu. Make sure to follow all the below-mentioned steps without ignoring them.
- Initially, power off your Galaxy S7 and put it aside for a couple of seconds.
- Now, press and hold the Volume up button along with the Power button for a couple of seconds until you see the Samsung logo.
- In the recovery booting menu, select “wipe data/factory reset “by moving down with the power keys. Press the power button to confirm.
- Now, chose “Yes — delete all user data “and select the power button.
The process will begin now, and it may take a few minutes to get completed. After completion, select reboot system now and wait for some time until the device gets opened.
Tip: Don’t get panic and interrupt the process if your device doesn’t get turned on. As it the first boot after reset, it usually takes a few minutes to open.
We hope you have successfully hard reset your device without facing any problems. If you have encountered any problems while doing any of the above operations, do let us know via the comment section below.
Samsung Galaxy S7 Specifications
Talking about the few specifications, it features a 5.1-inch display with a resolution of 1440 x 2560 pixels, a 16:9 aspect ratio, and a Corning Gorilla Glass 4 protection. In-camera, there’s a 12-MP rear camera and a 5-MP camera on the front side. The phone runs Android v6.0 (Marshmallow) on the top and packs a 3,000 mAh battery.