In January 2021, Samsung has introduced the Galaxy S21 Series in many markets of the world. Since then, smartphones have received multiple software updates. So, here is the list of the updates received by the Galaxy S21 Series smartphone users since its debut. Furthermore, we have also added the news and helpful guides at the bottom of the article.
Note: This is a tracker of the Galaxy S21 Series, and we will update it frequently with the updates, news, and guides related to the smartphones. So, don’t forget to check it regularly.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Series Android 11 update
- [June 24, 2021]: Two days back, it is confirmed that Samsung has already started the Android 12 update for the Galaxy S21 Series. According to the latest information, Samsung will provide the One UI 4.0 update directly to the Galaxy S21 Series by skipping the One UI 3.5 Skin. We can expect the Beta builds release within a few weeks.
- [June 22, 2021]: Samsung has already begun testing the Android 12 Beta update for the Galaxy S21 Series. As per the test firmware, the Android 12 for the Galaxy S21 Series is currently under testing on the build number G998BXXUBUFB. It looks like the One UI 4.0 is already in work, and the test has already begun in the company’s environment even though the Beta builds information is not public. You can go to our update article to find more details about it.
Samsung Galaxy S21 Series Update Tracker
June 2021 Security Patch
- [June 27, 2021]: Samsung has started expanding the Galaxy S20 Ultra’s June 2021 Security Patch update to many other regions, including Brazil, on the firmware version G988BXXU7DUE1.
- [June 23, 2021]: The Verizon, Comcast, and Xfinity Mobile networks based Galaxy S21 Series have started experiencing a new update with the June 2021 Security Patch inside. The carries the build number G99xUSQU4AUF5.
- [June 7, 2021]: Within a few days after the June 2021 Security Patch update rollout, the Galaxy S21 Series smartphones users have started encountering the second update in June month. A couple of days back, Samsung has acknowledged the Galaxy S21’s camera lag issue, and that issue has been fixed in this new update. You can steer to our update article to check the other details and availability information.
- [May 27, 2021]: The June 2021 Security Patch update has begun hitting the Galaxy S21 Series lineup in different regions. The update was first spotted by us rolling on the software versions G991NKSU3AUE8, G996NKSU3AUE8, and G998NKSU3AUE8. It weighs almost 416.71MB in size. Regarding the availability, you can navigate to our article to find them.
May 2021 Security Patch
- [May 15, 2021]: The Verizon based Galaxy S21 Series users have started encountering the May 2021 Security Patch update. The update carries the firmware version RP1A.200720.012.G991USQU3AUDB, RP1A.200720.012.G996USQU3AUDB, and RP1A.200720.012.G998USQU3AUDB, respectively, for the Galaxy S21 lineup. The other details and changelog of this update can be found in our article.
- [May 14, 2021]: A few weeks after the regular devices, the May 2021 Security Patch update has begun appearing on the T-Mobile based Galaxy S21 Series. The new update bears the build number G991USQU3ADD, and it weighs almost 1.6GB in size. More details of this update can be found in our article.
- [April 30, 2021]: The May 2021 Security Patch update for the Galaxy S21 Series is taking place in India and Germany markets. The updates are carrying the build versions G991BXXU3AUDA, G996BXXU3AUDA, and G998BXXU3AUDA, respectively. You can find more information in our update article.
- [April 26, 2021]: In April itself, Samsung has begun sending the May 2021 Security Patch update to the Galaxy S21 Series lineup. The update carries the firmware version G99xBXXU3AUDA, and it weighs 1.2GB in size. For the changes and availability information, you can check our update article.
April 2021 Security Patch
- [March 29, 2021]: The April 2021 Security Patch update has started reaching the Galaxy S21 Series users. Identified by the firmware version, G99xxXXU2AUC8 weighs almost 1140.64 MB in size. The update includes nothing apart from the new security patch, improvements, enhancements, and it may also include bug fixes. To know more details of this update, check out the dedicated update article.
March 2021 Security Patch
- [March 05, 2021]: A few days after the regular devices, the Verizon based Galaxy S21 Series have begun picking the March 2021 Security Patch update. The updates are gradually rolling out on the firmware version RP1A.200720.012.G991USQU1AUB3, RP1A.200720.012.G996USQ1AUB3, RP1A.200720.012.G998USQU1AUB3 for the Galaxy S21 Series. For changelog and availability information, you can check our update article.
- [February 26, 2021]: Samsung has initially started sending the March 2021 Security Patch update to the Galaxy S21 Series. The update holds the build version G99x0ZHU1AUB7. It includes nothing apart from the regular monthly security patch. More details of this update can be found in our dedicated article.
Must See: How to crash someone’s Whatsapp.
Galaxy S21 Series News
- [May 19, 2021]: Samsung has launched the Galaxy S21 5G Olympic Games Edition in Japanese markets. The specifications, price, and other information can be found in our dedicated news article.
- [May 31, 2021]: For the past few months, the users of the Galaxy S21 Series are facing the camera lag issue. And recently, the company has noticed it and provided the acknowledge statement and the fix time for the issue. You can found all the details in our dedicated article.
Galaxy S21 Series Guides
This is our tracker of the Galaxy S21 Series, and as said earlier, we will keep an eye on this regularly. We will update it once we find any new updates, news, and guides.
Galaxy S21 Series Specifications
The Galaxy S21 sports a 6.2-inch display, and the Galaxy S21 Plus houses a 6.7-inch display. In contrast, the Galaxy S21 Ultra features a 6.8-inch display. All the displays are Dynamic AMOLED 2X, and they house a 120Hz refresh rate and they also come with support for Always-on display, and Corning Gorilla Glass Victus protection.
Under the hood, the international variants of the Galaxy S21 Series are powered by the Exynos 2100 (5 nm) Chipset paired with an Octa-core CPU and Mali-G78 MP14 GPU. Simultaneously, the USA and China regional devices are powered by an Octa-core processor based Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 5G (5 nm) Chipset.
Software and Battery
Furthermore, all the devices run Android 11-based One UI 3.1 Skin out of the box, and they also come with support for Fast charging up to 25W, 15W Fast Qi/PMA wireless charging, and 4.5W Reverse wireless charging.