Since the debut of the Galaxy A50 in February 2019, the device has secured multiple minor and major updates so far. So, we have added the full list of updates that Galaxy A50 has received since our debut. The update tracker of the Galaxy A50 follows with the short info and link to the original article. Users can head to the original update article from here to find more details of the respective update.
Note: This is an update tracker of the Samsung Galaxy A50 and will be updated frequently with the updates of the smartphone.
Samsung Galaxy A50 Update Tracker
- [June 1, 2021]: On June 1 itself, Samsung has begun sending the June 2021 Security Patch update to the Galaxy A50 users. The update holds the firmware version A505FDDU8CUE4, and it weighs almost 553.53MB. There’s nothing available in this new update besides the latest security patch. For availability and changelog, you can check our dedicated article.
- [May 21, 2021]: Days after the regular devices, the Galaxy A50 at Verizon is acquiring a new update with the May 2021 Security Patch. The new update bears the build version RP1A.200720.012.A505USQSCDUE2. The changelog and availability status of this update can be found by checking our article.
- [May 7, 2021]: The May 2021 Security Patch update has started appearing on the Galaxy A50 smartphone users. The build number A505NXXX5DUD2 can identify the new update weighing over 200MB. According to the changelog, the firmware includes only the latest monthly security patch. Head here to find more details of this update.
- [April 28, 2021]: The Galaxy A50 at the Verizon network carrier is receiving the April 2021 Security patch update. The software version RP1A.200720.012.A505USQSBDUD1 can identify the update. The new firmware doesn’t dispatch with any changes. You can check our dedicated article to find more details of this update.
- [April 23, 2021]: The Korean giant has started rolling the April 2021 Security Patch update to the Galaxy A50 users on the firmware number A505FDDU7CUD1. The new firmware weighs 141.16MB, and it doesn’t incorporate any other changes. More details of this update can be known in our article.
- [March 8, 2021]: On this day, Samsung initially began sending the Android 11-based One UI 3.1 update to the Galaxy A50 users. The update holds the firmware version A505FDDU7CUBC, and it weighs around 1871.38MB in size. Many of you might be aware of the Android 11 and One UI 3.1 features regarding the changes. However, you can check all the changes and availability details in our article.
Note: It’s worth noting that all the OTA updates will be released in a staggered way, and hence, users will need to be patient for a few days to experience it.
How to Update?
Follow the below steps to check whether the update is available on your smartphone or not.
- First of all, unlock your device and head to settings.
- Now, navigate to the Software updates section.
- Tap on check for the updates option.
- Wait for some time until the process gets finished.
In case if any update shows up there, download and install it to undergo the new changes.
Samsung Galaxy A50 Specifications
The Galaxy A50 hosts a 6.4-inch Super AMOLED display coupled with 1080 x 2340 pixels resolution, 19.5:9 ratio, and a 403 PPI density. An Octa-core processor based Exynos 9610 (10nm) Chipset powers the device with Mali-G72 MP3 GPU.
The phone comes with 4/6GB RAM and 64/128GB internal storage. There’s a 25-MP + 8-MP + 5-MP triple rear camera and a 25-Mp single selfie camera. The device boots with Android 9.0 (Pie) and packs a 4,000 mAh battery with support for 15W fast charging.
Related: Samsung Galaxy S10 Series Update Tracker.