For unknown, Magisk is an alternative to SuperSu, owned by Chainfire. Magisk is generally used to root devices without causing any interrupts to the system partition. In short, it is a rooting application that gives you complete access to the smartphone. There are many Magisk versions available on the internet. We have added the stable and latest Magisk version download links below.
What is Magisk?
As said earlier, Magisk is software used for rooting, which allows users to gain complete access to their smartphone. Magisk Manager can be installed on rooted or non-rooted devices. In case if you have not installed the twrp or if the twrp is not responding, then the Magisk ZIP will not work. Interestingly, using this app, you can root your device and users can also unroot & lock the device back to its default state.
Apart from this, it also contains sole Magisk Manager, which allows users to upgrade, install, and do few other actions within the application itself.
- With Magisk, you will be able to pass Google’s safety tests (Safety net)
- Resetprop feature – It allows you to change your system prop files, including the read-only files
- Magisk Mount – Using this feature, users can make necessary changes to the core and partition level safe without any problems
- MagiskSU: Open Source Root Solution
- Magisk Manager
- Magisk Hide
- Multiple Entry Points
Download Magisk Zip and Magisk Manager
Steps to Install Magisk Zip on your phone
In general, there are two ways to install the Magisk on your smartphone. The first one is using a custom recovery. The second one is using the Magisk Manager. We have explained both the guides below. So, make sure to follow the steps without skipping any of them.
- How to install Magisk using Recovery.
- At first, download the Magisk from any of the below links.
- Copy or move the Magisk zip to any folder in your device’s internal storage.
- Power off your smartphone and enter into recovery mode.
- In the Recovery, head to the install section and chose the copied Magisk zip.
- After selecting the file, flash it.
- Wait for some time until the process gets finished.
- After completion, go back to the main menu and tap on reboot.
Hola! we hope you have successfully flashed the Magisk on your device. Follow below to install Magisk using Patched Stock Boot Image.
- How to install Magisk using Patched Stock Boot Image
- Like the above one, this method doesn’t require root, and there’s no need for custom recovery.
- But, you will need to get the stock boot image for your current firmware, which is installed on your smartphone.
- Install the Magisk manager directly.
- Launch the application and tap on Install > Install.
- Tap on the Patch Boot Image File option.
- Select the earlier copied boot.img from your internal storage.
- The boot image will start patching, and you will need to wait for a few seconds until the process gets done.
- The patched file will be saved to [Internal Storage]/MagiskManager/patched_boot.img[.tar].
- Now, copy the file to the Laptop/ PC in the Adb folder.
- After copying, open the power shell or command window by holding the shift key and giving a right-click on the mouse.
- Type the following command to install Magisk and root your device.
fastboot flash boot patched_boot.img
- After the process completes, type the below command to reboot your device.
- The reboot takes a couple of seconds or minutes. So, don’t get panic and interrupt it.
- Once the phone gets on, open the Magisk Manager.
- A message will be displayed saying the installation was successful.
We hope you have successfully installed the Magisk on your device by following any of the above mentions. If any problem arises, let us know in the comment section below to help you get out of that.
In case if you want to uninstall Magisk and unroot your device back, then follow the below steps.
Steps to Uninstall Magisk and Unroot Android
- Unlock your device and open the Magisk Manager application.
- Scroll down and tap on Uninstall.
- Now, confirm the action by tapping on ‘COMPLETE UNINSTALL’.
- The process usually takes a few seconds to complete.
- After completing, reboot your device.
These are the steps to install Magisk in different ways and Uninstall magisk & root your device back. We hope you have complete the process without facing any problems. If you have faced any problem while doing any of the above methods, let us know in the comment section below.
Note: SamNext is not responsible for any kind of damages which arrive during the running of the above processes.